Friday, February 20, 2009

Hi again Church

I remember back when, in my day,in the Lutheran Church when we had a dedicated Pastor. He started an Evangelism Comittee of six people . I need to mention here, that two of these comittee people were not saved. One was my husband, who also was a Church Elder. Anyway , the comittee would go to homes of Church MEMBERS to present the "Born Again " mandate from the Bible. This was a great idea. Today,how many Pastors do you find going to seek out the "Lost ''' sheep in the "Church " ? Ezekial 34:4

That was in the 1970's. The Charismatic Movement was born during this time. Altho the movement was not accepted by the Lutheran Church and others, it did bring about an Evangelism Explosion. At this time I was a Sunday School Superintendent, (small church), and the Lord led me with great enlightment during out 15 minute Opening Devotion Time on Sunday. I was given really amazing presentations and the Sunday School was filling with kids.

I had been enlightened to the working of The Holy Spirit through Pentecostal friends. I kept it "under wraps" though. It was unacceptable in the Lutheran Church.
The Lord also led me into banner making and hand printing "scripture posters" as well. The results, because of the "Hand of the Lord " upon me, were amazing, to say the least.

Well, word gets around, and at one point I was admonished by the Pastor who told me that "some Charismatics were found at his sister's Church and they were asked to leave." OK, so finally after months of prayer, and trials, I left that church. I realized again what a destructive force in the Church are "the Doctrines of Men"

Amazing, "unsaved" men evangelizing and holding the office of Elder in the Church and yet how "wrong " to let The Holy Spirit : our empowerer, our enabler, our teacher, our gift giver and our encourager in !
Excuse me, The Holy Spirit Proclaims those things of Jesus Christ hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger Sue said...

This is so good and so true! "Destructive doctrines of men" indeed. How sad it is that so many Christians are still so afraid of having anything to do with the Holy Spirit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home